Big Box Retailers
Popular home improvement chains like Home Depot and Lowe’s offer a wide selection of RTA cabinet brands, styles, and pricing options.
- Convenience of one-stop shopping for all cabinetry and remodeling needs.
- Ability to see and touch display models in-store.
- Provide delivery and installation services.
- Frequent sales and specials on cabinetry.
- Selection is limited compared to cabinet specialty stores.
- Quality is not always best-in-class.
- Higher prices than warehouse stores.
Top cabinet product lines sold:
- Home Decorators Collection at Home Depot
- Hampton Bay at Home Depot
- Allen + Roth at Lowe’s
- Project Source at Lowe’s
Cabinet Specialty Stores
Stores like Cabinet Joint and Kabinet King provide a wide range of RTA cabinet lines in various materials and styles only.
- Expansive RTA cabinet selection, including premium brands.
- Provide expert guidance in choosing cabinetry.
- Offer customization services for cabinets.
- Have designer displays for inspirations.
- Limited selection of non-cabinet remodeling products.
- May need to visit design showrooms away from main retail stores.
- Less frequent sales than big box stores.
Top brands sold:
- Hampton Bay
Club stores like Costco and Sam’s Club sell exclusive RTA cabinet collections at member-only discounted pricing.
- Deep discounts compared to other retailers.
- Specialty kitchen and bath departments.
- Easy online ordering with warehouse pickup.
- Satisfaction guarantee and generous return policy.
- Smaller range of styles and brands.
- Need a paid membership.
- Discontinued or out-of-stock items.
Top brands sold:
- Costco’s Hampton Bay Designer Series
- Sam’s Club Member’s Mark brand
Several online-only cabinet stores like Cabinets.com and CabinetKing offer broad RTA cabinet selections with discounted pricing and fast shipping.
- Huge selection of RTA cabinets from various brands.
- Order samples online to view quality.
- Shop at anytime from anywhere.
- Lower prices due to minimal overhead costs.
- Fast shipping directly to your home.
- Unable to see and feel products in person before buying.
- Need to handle own cabinet assembly and installation.
- Shipping costs for large orders.
Top brands sold:
- Hampton Bay
Tips for Buying RTA Cabinets
Follow these tips to choose the best RTA cabinets for your Olympia, WA kitchen or bath remodel:
- Carefully measure your space and plan cabinet layout before purchasing.
- Inspect boxes upon delivery for any damage before accepting.
- Read product specs and reviews thoroughly before buying.
- Look for plywood box construction for durability.
- Test hinges, doors, and drawers on floor models before ordering.
- Avoid ultra low-priced cabinets that may be lower quality.
- Choose a style that fits your home – traditional, contemporary, etc.
- Factor in costs for countertops, installation, and accessories.
- Hire a contractor if you don’t want to install cabinets yourself.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I see RTA cabinets in person near Olympia, WA?
The Home Depot, Lowe’s, Costco, and IKEA stores in the Olympia area have displays of RTA cabinets so you can see product quality up close before purchasing. Cabinet specialty showrooms like Cabinet Joint also offer pre-packaged cabinet sample kits to view at home before buying.
What are the best RTA cabinet brands?
Top-rated RTA cabinet brands include Hampton Bay, KraftMaid, Aristokraft, Kemper, Decora, Dynasty, and Allen + Roth. Be sure to compare construction, materials, warranties, and prices when choosing cabinet product lines.
How much do RTA cabinets cost compared to custom cabinets?
On average, RTA cabinets cost 50-70% less than custom-built cabinets. You can expect to pay $75-150 per linear cabinet foot for quality RTA cabinets, while custom cabinets range from $200-500+ per linear foot installed.
Can I return RTA cabinets if I don’t like them after assembly?
Many retailers allow RTA cabinet returns or exchanges within a certain timeframe after delivery, like 30-90 days. Be sure to check individual return policies. Unused cabinets with original packaging have the best chance of being accepted for return.
Do I need to finish RTA cabinets after installation?
While RTA cabinets come with finished side panels, doors, and faces, you will need to finish cabinet boxes after installing. An easy option is to add cabinet liner paper inside the boxes to protect from spills. For a built-in look, apply paint or stain to coordinated with your kitchen or bath design.
RTA cabinets offer homeowners an affordable and convenient way to tackle their kitchen or bathroom projects while enjoying premium features and quality. With an array of retailers carrying major brands both online and in the Olympia region, you’re sure to find stylish RTA cabinets that fit your budget and design needs. Be sure to carefully plan your cabinet layout and do your homework reading reviews and comparing product specs before purchasing. Investing in quality RTA cabinets will provide you with beautiful, functional storage for many years to come.