Cork is an incredibly versatile and sustainable material that offers numerous benefits for homes. Here we explore the unstoppable advantages of using cork for flooring, walls, furniture, and more.
An Overview of Cork’s Unique Properties
Cork is harvested from the bark of cork oak trees without harming the trees themselves. The bark regrows every 9-12 years allowing for an eco-friendly renewable resource. Cork is naturally waterproof, fire retardant, and insulating. It is soft and lightweight yet durable and shock absorbent. Cork also has soundproofing properties and anti-microbial qualities. No trees are cut down and no harmful chemicals are used in processing cork.
Cork Flooring – Naturally Beautiful and Green
Cork flooring has risen in popularity due to its renewable sustainability along with aesthetic appeal. Cork tiles add natural warmth and coziness to any room.
Advantages of cork floors:
- Provides insulation and reduces noise
- Comfortable underfoot and gentle on joints
- Naturally water and stain resistant
- Easy to clean and naturally antimicrobial
- Stylish natural patterns and earthy tones
- Durable yet easy to replace individual tiles if damaged
- Biodegradable and recyclable at the end of lifecycle
Cork flooring is an excellent eco-friendly option that also provides long-lasting beauty and comfort.
Why Choose Cork Wall Tiles?
Cork wall tiles add vibrant visual interest and many perks beyond standard walls.
Benefits of installing cork wall tiles:
- Available in array of colors from neutral to bold
- Provides thermal insulation and soundproofing
- Lightweight and easy to install directly over existing walls
- Adds acoustic absorption to reduce echo and noise
- Moisture-resistant and antimicrobial reducing mold and mildew
- Cushioned surface makes it child-friendly and safe if bumped into
- Easily painted over for changing up color schemes
- Sustainably made from renewable cork oak trees
Cork walls are perfect for nurseries, playrooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and more. Their acoustic and antimicrobial properties make cork exceptionally well suited for walls.
The Many Benefits of Cork Furniture
From seating to tables to shelving, cork furniture offers durable elegance.
Why choose cork furniture:
- Extremely lightweight despite sturdiness
- Waterproof and stain resistant
- Impervious to termites and other wood-boring insects
- Does not absorb moisture which prevents warping
- Comfortable with conformity to body shape
- Safe for children with rounded corners and no splinters
- Warm and pleasing to the touch, no cold shocks
- Available in wide array of colors and patterns
- Naturally fire retardant and self-extinguishing
Whether traditional or modern in style, cork furniture provides healthy durability perfect for everyday living.
Additional Creative Uses for Cork in the Home
Throughout the home, cork can provide creative and functional solutions. Consider these innovative uses for cork:
- Bulletin boards – thumbtacks easily stick into corkboards for messages and reminders
- Coasters – waterproof cork makes an ideal base for drink coasters
- Yoga blocks – cork’s supportive cushioning lends itself well for yoga blocks
- Bath mats – soft under foot when stepping out of the tub
- Pencil holders – the mesh holes in cork boards work great for organizing writing implements
- Pin boards – both smooth and patterned cork boards display pins and photos
- Pet toys – cork makes a perfect chew toy for cats, rodents, and birds
From playrooms to patios, cork’s versatility enables clever implementations throughout living spaces.
Cork is much more than just wine bottle stoppers. Its array of sustainability, beauty, comfort and practical advantages make cork an optimal material for flooring, walls, furniture and more. Cork enables attractive and creative options for the home that are also environmentally friendly. Discover for yourself the unstoppable benefits of cork for your living spaces.