Transform your bathroom into a relaxing oasis with one of these elegant and luxurious tubs. A freestanding tub can truly be the focal point of your bathroom, providing a spa-like experience right at home. We’ve rounded up 72 beautiful tubs that will elevate your bathroom to new heights of style and comfort.
Sophisticated Freestanding Tubs
Freestanding tubs make a striking statement in any bathroom. Their sculptural shapes and sleek silhouettes command attention. Here are some of our favorite options:
Oval and Round Styles
- The BainUltra Oval Freestanding Tub features a timeless oval silhouette crafted from the company’s signature ThermoMasseur therapeutic acrylic. Its spacious interior provides a wonderfully immersive bathing experience.
- For a tub with crisp, rounded lines, consider the Kohler Archer Freestanding Soaking Tub. Available in white or biscuit colors, this tub adds a contemporary edge.
- The Woodbridge B-0034/BTS1611 Free Standing Acrylic Bathtub has a double-walled acrylic oval tub design with an integrated slotted overflow. The white exterior is complemented by a glossy grey interior.
- Crafted from solid white Corian material, the DuPont Corian Lyra Freestanding Bathtub has an organic oval shape inspired by natural pebbles smoothed by water.
- The Empava 59″ Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub features a sleek rectangular form for a modern look. It’s crafted from glossy white acrylic with double-walled insulation.
- For a tub with polished style, the Kingston Brass Vintage Freestanding Tub has a rectangular silhouette and clawfoot-inspired feet. Its slipper design means it can fit in tight spaces.
- With its minimalist aesthetic, the Ferro FUB5110 Freestanding Soaking Tub makes a sophisticated statement. Made from enameled steel with a white matte finish, it has a narrow rectangular shape.
- The unique MTI Soaking Bath with Sculpted Exterior is shaped like an oval bowl, with a sloped interior and an exterior organic sculpture that resembles an amoeba.
- For a truly eye-catching focal point, the Hydro Systems Onyx 7236F762 Roman Corner Tub features a carved exterior inspired by ancient Roman baths. The interior offers a relaxing soak.
- The Caroline’s Walk in Tub has an outward sloping shape reminiscent of a seashell. The acrylic tub comes in white and biscuit shades to complement any decor.
Space-Saving Corner Tubs
Corner tubs maximize bathroom space since they fit neatly into an unused area. Here are some top options:
- The American Standard 2461V002.020 Evolution Deep Soaking Tub has a curved front and angled back designed specifically for corner installation. Its acrylic material provides insulation for longer heat retention.
- For contemporary style, the Ferro FUB5108 Freestanding Corner Bathtub features a sleek angular design in white with a matte textured exterior. Its compact footprint leaves ample floor space.
- Crafted from solid Vikrell material, the Kohler Archer Soaking Corner Bath Tub has crisp lines and sloped armrests. An anti-bacterial surface inhibits microbes and mold.
- With its slotted overflow and double-wall construction, the Woodbridge Corner Soaking Freestanding Acrylic Tub offers durability and heat retention. The white glossy exterior provides a modern look.
Clawfoot tubs have vintage charm and timeless elegance. Their exposed feet give bathrooms a nostalgic aesthetic. Here are beautiful clawfoot options:
- For traditional sophistication, the Kohler Expanse Curved Rim Clawfoot Tub features graceful curved lines and acorn-style feet in polished chrome or oil-rubbed bronze.
- The Woodbridge Acrylic Freestanding Clawfoot Tub has an oval shape and flat rim with four ball & claw feet. Available in white and black glossy colors.
- Offering a modern take on a classic, the Kingston Brass Vintage Clawfoot Tub has a timeworn white finish with vintage-style claw feet and an chrome overflow and drain.
- The AWESOME 60″ Cast Iron Roll Top Clawfoot Tub provides a seriously deep soak. Handcrafted from enameled cast iron, it features a slipper design that can fit in tight spaces.
Slipper tubs feature one rounded end and one flat end to slide neatly against a wall. Their space-saving design is great for small bathrooms. Here are some fabulous options:
- With sleek contemporary styling, the Ferro FUB5107 Freestanding Slipper Tub has a matte white exterior and sloped interior with a slotted overflow system.
- The Empava 67″ White Freestanding Acrylic Slipper Bathtub has a modern double-walled oval design and glossy white finish. Its curved edge adds architectural interest.
- For a compact slipper tub, the Woodbridge B-0004 / BTA1506 59″ Acrylic Freestanding Bathtub offers a versatile installation with its reversible drain position. A white glossy finish lends it a clean, fresh look.
- The Kingston Brass Vintage Slipper Clawfoot Tub provides timeless elegance with its Victorian-inspired decorative feet and sloped back for sitting upright comfortably.
Luxurious Soaking Tubs
For those seeking the ultimate soaking experience, these extra-deep tubs provide total relaxation and tranquility.
- With a 23-inch depth, the Woodbridge Acrylic Soaking Freestanding Tub allows you to immerse yourself fully while its double-walled insulation keeps water hot.
- For an ultra-luxurious bath, the Hydro Systems Toscana 7240F762 Corner Tub has an elegant curved shape and extra deep interior measuring 23.5-inches. A textured bottom provides secure footing.
- Designed for a spa-like soak, the BainUltra Mid-Depth Oval ThermoMasseur Tub combines an oval slipper design with therapeutic massage jets and aromatherapy.
- The Wyndham Collection Soho 61″ Acrylic Air Tub features thousands of micro air jets to deliver an invigorating massage. Its geometric interior follows the contours of the body.
Spacious Double Tubs
When one tub is not enough, double tubs allow you to bathe together in style. Some top options include:
- Crafted from solid white Corian, the DuPont Corian Zemi Freestanding Double Ended Bathtub has an elegant freeform shape with a smooth matte finish. It’s an artful focal point.
- The Empava 67″ Double Ended Freestanding Acrylic Bathtub offers sleek lines and modern styling. Made from glossy white acrylic, the spacious interior provides room for two.
- For contemporary luxury, the MXD Ludvik 71″ Double Slipper Tub features a minimalist aesthetic in white with chrome finishes. It looks like two slipper tubs connected by an elegant bridge.
- The Ove Decors Rachel 70″ Freestanding Acrylic Double Ended Tub has a crisp oval shape in glossy white with sloped backrests. Its versatile double-ended design allows installation flexibility.
What are the main types of freestanding tubs?
The most common types of freestanding tubs include oval, rectangle, corner, clawfoot, slipper, soaking, and double tubs. Each offers unique styles and benefits. Oval and rectangular tubs work well in larger bathrooms while corner and slipper tubs are great space-saving options. Clawfoot tubs provide vintage elegance, and soaking tubs allow you to fully immerse yourself. Double tubs allow two people to bathe together.
What materials are best for freestanding tubs?
Acrylic, enameled cast iron, solid surface materials like Corian, and Vikrell are top choices for freestanding tubs. Acrylic provides insulation to keep water hot but can scratch. Enameled cast iron offers durability but is very heavy. Solid surfaces are easy to clean and maintain but tend to be expensive. Vikrell is lightweight, durable, and affordable.
How much weight can a floor support for a freestanding tub?
The average freestanding tub weighs 100-200 lbs when empty. Filled with water and bathers, it can weigh 1500-3000 lbs depending on capacity. Most modern homes with standard flooring can support this weight, but older homes may need reinforced floors. Consult an engineer to determine your floor’s weight limits.
How much space do you need for a freestanding tub?
The typical space needed for a freestanding tub ranges from 55-70 inches long by 30-40 inches wide. Oval and rectangular tubs need more length while corner, clawfoot or slipper tubs can fit into smaller spaces. Consider the traffic flow around the tub as well. Leave 24 inches clearance on one side at minimum.
How do you clean and maintain a freestanding tub?
Use a soft sponge or microfiber cloth with mild, non-abrasive liquid bathroom cleanser for acrylic or Vikrell tubs. Avoid harsh chemicals. For enameled cast iron, wipe with a soft cloth and clear water, avoiding abrasive cleaners which can damage the enamel coating.
Elevate Your Bathroom with a Stunning Freestanding Tub
With so many beautiful designs to choose from, a freestanding tub can transform your bathroom into a relaxing oasis. Take time to consider the style, size, shape, and material that best suits your space and needs. Measure carefully before purchasing. A well-chosen freestanding tub becomes a striking focal point, providing a spa-like bathing experience to help wash away the stresses of everyday life. Choose from oval, rectangular, corner, clawfoot, slipper, soaking, or double tubs to match your aesthetic. Elevate your bathroom and your bathing ritual with one of these gorgeous freestanding tubs.