Tangerine Tango was named Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2012, bringing a bold, energizing shade into focus. This vibrant orange-red hue evokes warmth, passion, and creativity. Here are four fun ways to incorporate Tangerine Tango into your home decor, wardrobe, and more.
Create an Invigorating Focal Point
Tangerine Tango makes a lively accent color that instantly draws the eye. Use it in small doses to create focal points that energize a space. Some ideas:
- Paint one wall in a room Tangerine Tango for dramatic impact. This works well in home offices, dining rooms, and bedrooms.
- Display Tangerine Tango throw pillows on a neutral sofa or sectional. The vivid color pops against greys and tans.
- Add Tangerine Tango vases, candles, or other accessories to coffee and side tables. Let them energize neutral tablescapes.
- Use Tangerine Tango dishes or serving pieces as an accent on a table set with white or black dinnerware.
Concentrating Tangerine Tango into artful focal points prevents it from becoming overwhelming. The eye is naturally drawn to these vibrant splashes of color.
Complement Natural Hues
Tangerine Tango looks beautiful paired with natural hues like mossy greens, warm wood tones, and ocean blues. It brings energy and vibrancy to these calmer shades. Some combinations to try:
- Paint walls a tranquil blue or green and use Tangerine Tango in accessories like pillows and art.
- Coordinate Tangerine Tango furniture like chairs or ottomans with wood furnishings and fixtures.
- Display Tangerine Tango vases and candles on an earthy dining table set with cream dinnerware.
- Add Tangerine Tango throw blankets to a tan or grey sofa paired with green and blue accent pillows.
Tangerine Tango balances the softness of natural colors with its bold energy. The pairing feels both soothing and invigorating.
Brighten Up Neutrals
Tangerine Tango infuses soft neutrals with a sense of excitement. It’s a great way to break up an all-neutral palette. Try these ideas:
- Accessorize a beige living room with Tangerine Tango pillows, a rug, or a dramatic piece of wall art.
- Display white and Tangerine Tango flowers together in neutral colored vases for a fresh, vibrant look.
- Add a Tangerine Tango headboard or accent chair to a bedroom with tan walls, white bedding, and wood nightstands.
- Wear a Tangerine Tango blouse or scarf with neutral pants, skirts, and dresses to brighten up outfits.
Tangerine Tango breathes new life into simple neutrals. It provides the perfect pop of eye-catching color.
Use Creative Combinations
Don’t be afraid to get creative with unorthodox color pairings. Tangerine Tango has broad appeal. Some ideas:
- Coordinate Tangerine Tango with shades of pink and purple for a punchy, feminine look.
- Pair it with regal navy blue for preppy impact.
- Combine Tangerine Tango and metallic gold or silver accents for glamorous drama.
- Match it with trendy colors like coral and mint green for a fashion-forward style.
- Use Tangerine Tango alongside black and white prints or patterns.
Tangerine Tango is endlessly versatile. Its bold hue complements and energizes a wide range of colors.
FAQ About Using Tangerine Tango
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about incorporating Pantone’s 2012 Color of the Year into your home and style.
What colors go well with Tangerine Tango?
Some great color pairings include ocean blue, mossy green, cream, gray, tan, and shades of pink or purple. Tangerine Tango also looks striking with black, white, silver, and gold.
What rooms should I use Tangerine Tango in?
This bold orange-red hue works nicely in most rooms, including living rooms, bedrooms, dining spaces, and home offices. Use it in moderation by painting an accent wall or displaying vibrant decorative accessories.
How can I use Tangerine Tango in a kid’s room?
For a playful kid’s room, paint one wall Tangerine Tango or use it in geometric prints on bedding, curtains, or rugs. You can also display Tangerine Tango storage bins, wall decor, or mobiles.
What are good ways to incorporate Tangerine Tango in a wardrobe?
For women, try Tangerine Tango blouses, dresses, scarves, or statement jewelry. For men, add Tangerine Tango ties, socks, or pocket squares to neutral suits and outfits.
Is Tangerine Tango hard to decorate with?
While bold, this color is actually quite versatile. Just use it in moderation by concentrating it into accents, accessories, and focal points. The striking shade goes a long way.
What paint sheen works best for Tangerine Tango walls?
For intensity, use a high-gloss sheen. For a subtler look, go with a flat or matte finish. An eggshell or satin sheen offers a nice balance of vibrancy and muteness.
What does the color Tangerine Tango represent?
This fiery hue represents passion, excitement, adventure, creativity, and free-spiritedness. It energizes spaces and brings a sense of warmth.
Tangerine Tango’s vibrancy makes it a perfect color choice when you want to energize a neutral space or add a dose of excitement to any room. Use this fiery orange-red hue in moderation by concentrating it into accents, artwork, furnishings or a vibrant painted focal wall. Tangerine Tango looks beautiful paired with tranquil greens and blues or used as a pop of color in an all-neutral palette. With its burst of energy and warmth, this color definitely lives up to its Color of the Year status!