This week we’re highlighting a gorgeous bright white bathroom design with an indulgent spa-like wet room. From sleek surfaces to high-end fixtures, this space provides a relaxing and rejuvenating oasis.
Overview of the Bright White Bathroom Design
This bathroom features a brilliant white color palette that gives it a clean, crisp, and modern aesthetic. The designers opted for glossy white subway tiles on the walls and ceilings, white quartz countertops, white cabinets, and white porcelain floor tiles.
Benefits of a White Bathroom
- Creates a bright, airy, and spacious feel
- Provides a neutral backdrop that allows other finishes to stand out
- Conveys cleanliness and purity
- Goes with any style from traditional to contemporary
The white is complemented by sleek chrome finishes on the fixtures and hardware for a hint of contrast. Touches of grey and wood add visual interest and warmth.
Details of the Spa-Like Wet Room
The highlight of this bathroom is undoubtedly the indulgent wet room with rainfall shower head and linear drain.
What is a Wet Room?
A wet room has an open shower area without doors or screens. The entire room is designed to be waterproof, with proper drainage and waterproof construction materials. The shower head can be placed on the wall or ceiling.
Benefits of a Wet Room
- Creates a spa-like experience
- Provides an accessible, barrier-free shower space
- Looks clean, sleek, and modern
- Allows for a luxuriously large shower area
This wet room uses gorgeous oversized porcelain tiles in a brickwork pattern. The large rainfall shower head and linear drain complete the spa vibe.
Fixtures and Materials Used
This bathroom utilizes high-end materials and fixtures to create its relaxing oasis aesthetic:
- White quartz vanity top and matching quartz shower bench
- White porcelain floor and wall tiles
- Chrome widespread faucet, shower fittings, and accessories
- Custom glossy white vanity with soft-close drawers
- Frameless glass shower enclosure
- Rainfall shower head and hand shower
- Linear tile drain
- Recessed lighting and sconces
The materials are sleek, durable, and easy to maintain – ideal for this spa-like space.
Achieving This Look in Your Bathroom Remodel
Here are some tips if you’d like to recreate this bright white spa bathroom design:
- Use waterproof construction techniques like a waterproof membrane under the tile
- Select large format glossy tiles to reduce grout lines
- Include a rainfall shower head and linear drain for a wet room
- Incorporate recessed lighting and sconces for ambiance
- Opt for wall-hung vanities and fixtures for a streamlined look
- Choose durable white quartz and porcelain for an easy-care space
- Accent with neutral metals like chrome for shine
- Add hints of color and texture with towels, decor, and accessories
This bathroom certainly provides inspiration for a stylish and soothing oasis in your own home!
FAQs about Bright White Bathrooms with Wet Rooms
What type of tile is best for a wet room?
Large format porcelain or ceramic tiles are ideal for wet rooms as they have very low water absorption. Mosaics can also work but may require more extensive waterproofing.
How do you waterproof a bathroom?
Waterproofing a bathroom requires applying a membrane or coating like RedGard or Kerdi under the tile. The entire shower area must be waterproofed along with 3-4 feet outside it.
What is the most low maintenance bathroom flooring?
Porcelain and ceramic tiles are very durable and low maintenance bathroom flooring options. Quarried stone like marble is also an option but requires more sealing.
Should bathtubs be included in wet rooms?
Most wet rooms do not include bathtubs as they take up space. However, some larger ones may incorporate a freestanding soaking tub. Ensure proper waterproofing around any tub.
How can I get spa-like ambiance in my bathroom?
Add features like a rainfall shower head, luxury shower bench, recessed lighting, heated floors, towel warmers, and a wall-mounted faucet for a spa vibe. Include neutral, soothing colors and natural materials like stone.
What type of vanity is best for a wet room?
A wall-hung or wall-mounted vanity with undermount sink is ideal for wet rooms as it provides an unbroken line to the floor without crevices that can collect water. Freestanding vanities can also work if sealed properly at the base.
This contemporary bathroom with its bright white color palette, spa-worthy wet room, and high-end finishes creates a soothing, salon-like space for daily renewal and relaxation. With its clean and airy aesthetic, indulgent rainfall shower, and quality construction, it provides a heart-of-the-home oasis. Whether you are doing a full remodel or a bathroom refresh, elements of this design can help transform your space into a private retreat. With the right waterproofing techniques and materials, you can bring this look into your own home.